This class is intended to provide information to correctional staff about the importance of overall health and well-being in one’s life and career.
Upon successful completion of this class, the officer will be able to identify:
- The importance of staff well-being in corrections;
- The impact of morale on correctional agency personnel;
- Causes and ways to reduce stress;
- Signs of potential suicides and steps to intervene in a suicide attempt;
- Ways to cope with officer suicide; and
- The three signs of PTSD.