This class offers common sense suggestions to assist law enforcement agencies in complying with the ADA.
Upon successful completion of this topic, the law enforcement officer will be able to:
- Identify who is protected by the American Disabilities Act.
- Demonstrate sensitive strategies when interacting with people who have disabilities.
- List the impact of ADA upon architectural access for persons with disabilities.
- Identify necessary policies, practices and procedures modifications to meet ADA mandates.
- Use state and federal resources to learn more about ADA.