This class is designed to meet the training requirements of the OSHA standard for Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens.
Upon successful completion of this class you should be able to:
- Discuss the need for Bloodborne Pathogen training.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge about the most infectious bloodborne pathogens and their risk of transmission.
- Use standard precautions to avoid contact with infectious pathogens.
- Identify the engineering controls used in your place of employment.
- Identify work practice controls used in your place of employment.
- Identify the reasons that HBC vaccination is recommended for employees with potential exposure to infectious pathogens.
- Identify the requirements of the employer’s written Exposure Control Plan.
- Identify employer’s OSHA requirements for training and record keeping.