Substance use disorders are costing organizations a lot of money.
Observing coworker behavior indicative of being impaired not only leads to reduced productivity and increased costs, but also workplace safety issues. The purpose of this class is to ensure that employees are able to work effectively, efficiently, and safely and getting help for those who aren’t due to substance use issues.
By the end of this class, learners will be able to:
- Be aware of the laws surrounding marijuana use (as just one of the causes of impairment)
- Recognize key components of a drug-free workplace policy
- Have a greater ability to recognize the signs and/or symptoms of impairment in the workplace
- Be able to respond to employee impairment when it is suspected
- Understand the processes that lead to the employee’s return to function