This class is an overview of autism and other developmental disorders, how they impact a person’s communication and social interactions, and the challenges of supervising them in a correctional environment.
Upon successful completion of this class, the officer will be able to identify:
- A developmental disability.
- Common disorders on the Autism Spectrum.
- Common characteristics of autism.
- Social issues impacted by autism.
- Behavioral challenges within a correctional environment.
- Good supervision techniques with persons with development disabilities.
- Vulnerabilities toward victimization.