This class is an overview of the basics of crime scene investigation. Its emphasis is on securing and managing the scene, and the steps necessary to preserve evidence and document the scene.
After completion of this class the learner will be able to:
- Identify the responsibilities of the first responder at the scene.
- Explain the importance and methods of documenting the scene.
- Explain the importance of knowing when and where the photographing of evidence is needed.
- List equipment needed for photographing of evidence.
- Explain the importance of a scene diagram.