This class will address the proper investigation of crimes against the homeless and identify community resources that are available to assist homeless persons.
Upon successful completion of this class, the officer will be able to identify:
- Why criminalization of homelessness is counter-productive;
- Reasons why homeless persons are reluctant to report their criminal victimization to law enforcement;
- Strategies used in successful investigations of crimes against the homeless;
- Indicators of bias motivated crimes; and
- Proper techniques to be used in interviewing homeless victims of crime.